5 reasons why IPL3 is more interesting:
- Its back in India after it was driven to South Africa for an year by the Indian elections. The Indian ambiance of media gossip, fan frenzy etc. were missing.
- Some good recruits have moved in from the parallel ICL league. Shane Bond in particular.
- On home pitches, one expects the in-form Tendulkar to be present in all of his swashbuckling glory. And it does seem like a set stage for Ganguly's swan-song performance.
- It should serve the familiar heady mix of Bollywood & Cricket starlets to the crazy Indian fans, who would definitely find it a more wholesome entertainment than watching 3 Idiots for the umpteenth time at the same cost.
- It will see a deluge of new Indian adverts & hopefully they will do their part in generating want,need & demand that the Indian economy needs badly. For that the commercials need to be really Creative & incisive.
5 reasons why IPL3 is less interesting:
- Although the dopey, match-fixing Pakis will be out of this year's edition; one would surely miss their bowlers. Md. Asif, Shoaib, Sohail Tanvir were delightful performers in the first edition.
- Conflict with the political establishment is expected to increase now that IPL3 is back in India. It will be a challenge for the organisers to keep at least one Indian tournament away from the clutches of Indian politicians .
- Burgeoning inflation & unemployment will become major dampeners for ticket sales if the prices of tickets are not brought down.
- The under current of a security-scare will continue to remain and the organisers need to tighten their plans preempting any threat, however trivial it may seem.
- Cheerleaders might wear shalwar-kamiz in this edition in order to satisfy the moralists.